2021 Cyber Threat Intelligence Survey
The global threat intelligence market size is projected to grow from USD 10.9B in 2020 to USD 16.1B by 2025, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 8.2%.
Threat intelligence is a crucial component to any company’s cybersecurity strategy to address the growing attack surface, and the complexity of operations that today’s CISOs are faced with.
To better understand the state of threat intelligence, and the focus that today’s companies are placing on these vital technologies, we spoke to 150 CISOs in both the US and the UK, in companies with more than 10,000 employees, or more than $1B in revenues. Industries ranged from Retail and eCommerce, to Finance, Insurance, Banking and Manufacturing.
What we found is a fascinating look at the state of the threat intelligence industry today. Threats are broad, budgets are growing, and yet many CISOs still rely on outdated processes to lead their security strategies.
By speaking with the people in the trenches, one thing is clear:
- Agile threat intelligence can provide the visibility and accountability that CISOs need to better communicate with leadership, empower analysts and security teams, and be better prepared to create cybersecurity programs that make a difference.
What's in this survey?
- Introduction and Key Findings
- Top Cybersecurity Challenges
- Cybersecurity KPIs
- CISOs Confidence in Shaping Cybersecurity Operations
- Cybersecurity Annual Budget
- Cybersecurity Team Size Expected Department Growth in 2021
- Primary Use Cases for Threat Intelligence
- Deep and Dark Web-Based Intelligence Consumption (Top priority)
- Threat Intelligence Budget (Products and Services) from Total Cybersecurity Budget
- Channels for Learning About New Technologies, Tools and Methologies
- Cybersecurity Knowledge Gaps
- Risk Posture and Tolerance Correlation
- Board's Top Cybersecurity Converns and Reporting